Featured post

VIDA DE-sign by Michael Buckingham, aka Mick Muttley

Dear friends (yeah really, one of those) I have become a women's wear designer for VIDA! http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/ ...

Wednesday 13 May 2009

SubVersion Stop 1: Muttley - For The Night Owls

I propose this:

www.subvertcentral.blogspot.com

- A joint blog with several contributors
- Aggregate-filtered to the highest degree
- A place to share thoughts and dreams
- Anywhere, any time.

Founding The Dastardly Diaries, I have come to find that a PDF webzine can be exhausting work, not everyone takes to the format, and that I can't make blogs on MySpace forever. With SubVersion, anyone on Subvert Central and beyond can contribute. I will happily work as an editor, provide suggestions and pitches to entities, and write up what's going down my end.

If you're a DJ who'd like to contribute a SubVersion guest mix, I can direct you to the 15 Minutes Of Fame Mix Series, and the Subvert Central Podcast.

If you're viewing this and would like to contribute a post or article, or have general enquiries about the nature of this work, my contact address is muttley_subversion@hotmail.co.uk



Artwork credits: cordani @ est00.com

Stop 1: Download

"For The Night Owls" is dedicated to my oldest uncle, who died of an inoperable brain tumour on April 19th 2009. In January he was diagnosed with CNS Lymphoma, and had everything from chemotherapy to steroids to try and shrink the piercing mass. Unfortunately this wasn't successful.

"For The Night Owls'" closer, "Ages" manifests the fragility in which relationships can succumb to. Before this, "Cracks In The Canvas" by PJ Harvey and John Parish conjoins the directive of lost motion: "How do we cope with the days after a death, empty days, nothing left, not even a funeral?" Such questions are not predestined notions; they make us analyse our whole purpose. My sincerest condolences go out to my uncle's nearest family at this time.

1 comment:

  1. - A joint blog with several contributors
    - Aggregate-filtered to the highest degree
    - A place to share thoughts and dreams
    - Anywhere, any time.

    nice idea :thumbu:

    ReplyDelete