Featured post

VIDA DE-sign by Michael Buckingham, aka Mick Muttley

Dear friends (yeah really, one of those) I have become a women's wear designer for VIDA! http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/ ...

Thursday 4 June 2009

SubVersion Stop 4: Low Light - Still Falls The Rain



I'm delighted to present a SubVersion exclusive from Dave at low light mixes: "Still Falls The Rain". In his own words:

"I love the feel of rain, the smell of rain and especially the sound of rain. So this mix makes generous use of field recordings of rain & thunderstorms.

I used a classic low light mixes method of choosing the tunes, all the tracks have the word "rain" in the title. In order to reduce the number of tunes to sift through, I searched for everything I had with "rain" in the title and then chose songs that worked well with each other and with the rain sounds. I hope you enjoy it."

TRACKLISTING

00:00 August Stars – Inland Rain
04:25 Part Timer – Rain on My Window
06:50 Letna – Raining Day
09:30 Jon Hassell – Delta Rain Dream
12:55 Manual - After the Rain
14:00 Mark McGuire – A Pocket Full of Rain
15:20 Sense - Early Rain
19:00 Cyber Zen Sound Engine & Matt Borghi – Endless Rain
22:10 Foxx & Budd – Raindust
27:55 Jeff Pearce – Rainshadow Sky
30:37 end

Stop 4: Download

Be sure to check ""I Love The Rain", the "Still Falls The Rain" companion. From low light's blog:



The transition from spring to summer brings two new mixes from Low Light Mixes central command. We've had a fair amount of rain lately so both mixes are "rain" mixes.

Rain evokes so many memories and emotions, it's a great theme for mixes. Using field recordings really helps hold the mix together. I try not to over do it with the rain sounds, hopefully it works well.

This first mix is a vocal mix, well mostly vocal, there are three instrumentals hiding in there. All the tunes have the word "rain" in the title. It was fun discovering tunes I did not know very well, like The Decemberists track & the cut from Susanna & The Magical Orchestra.

TRACKLISTING

  • 00:00 Susanna & The Magical Orchestra - It's Raining Today
  • 04:40 The (real) Tuesday Weld - I Love the Rain
  • 08:37 Asche & Spencer - A Walk in the Rain
  • 09:49 The Handsome Family - Famous Blue Raincoat
  • 14:40 Daniel Lanois - Rain Weather
  • 18:20 The Decemberists - Raincoat Song
  • 20:40 Joe Purdy - I Love the Rain the Most
  • 25:00 Oblong - Rain Over the Deverils
  • 28:54 REM - I'll Take the Rain
  • 34:15 Rivulets - Rain All Winter Long
  • 40:00 end


Download

"I Love The Rain" and "Still Falls The Rain" make up low light's fourth and fifth instalments for the "15 Minutes Of Fame" mix series. I will have a set exclusive to his blog, titled "Drones In Duality", posted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment