Photo: Natasha Khan, Bat For Lashes at the Brit Awards, February 2013
Simply, tunes that make me go "Oh yeah" when I hear them. All lifted from FTEL (For The Electronica Lovers). Mixed at 160bpm in Ableton, and included is a two word description of each standout feature. Enjoy!
01. Bat For Lashes - Oh Yeah [female melisma] (The Haunted Man LP, Parlophone, 2012)
02. Fanu - About Life And Death [mega bass] (Breakbeat Brew EP, Lightless Digital, 2012)
03. Silent Witness, Survival & Klute - Visitation [Techno squelches] (In From The Wild LP Sampler, Commercial Suicide, 2013)
04. Boduf Songs - Fiery The Angels Fell [ravey guitar] (Burnt Up On Re-Entry, Southern, 2012)
05. Fanu - Slack 'N Roll [faux-gangster charm] (email@example.com for bookings, 2012)
06. Naibu - Just Like You [svelt delicacy] (Fall EP, Horizons, 2013)
07. Nebula - Avalanches [Fuzz & The Boog drumbreaks] (V EP, Nebula Bandcamp, 2013)
08. ASC & Ulrich Schnauss - Theta [half-time contemplation] (77 EP, Auxiliary, 2012)
09. Martsman - Martha Didn't Go To School [fuzzy adventuring] (Black Plastics Vol.1 EP, Martsman Bandcamp, 2012)
10. Nickbee - Rush [roller beats] (Horizons X06A Vinyl, 2013)
Download (limited to 50)
What do members of Subvert Central think?