Featured post

VIDA DE-sign by Michael Buckingham, aka Mick Muttley

Dear friends (yeah really, one of those) I have become a women's wear designer for VIDA! http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/ ...

Tuesday 22 May 2018

SV Stop 305: Attn Statto

while we're having security issues accessing the sc server on my network (my bytefence anti-crapware tool says it's full of malicious content, yada yada) I thought i'd continue a thread I started on subvert central on the roundup blog, subversion.

"attn. statto" has a long philological history on sc. not only is it the standard sort of 'attention' thread and re-tread over recommendations, it makes it easy for me to be specific to my friend statto, aka Jonathan, second contributor of this blog.

(if you're wondering why I removed lata and khal, it's not because I fell out with them, quite the opposite; it was because I was worried I was privately overburdening them. bless em).

anyway...here is a little "opening up" to the big subversion audience of spirits about what's on the stereo at the moment.

Sky City (Tom Carter, Robert Horton, Lisa & Lee Ann Cameron) - Sky City (Important Records)

this is a psychedelic big shamble, full of foiled attempts to craft a car mot. it's utterly bent, and utterly captivating. sounds damn fine in the studio lounge. I had a few carter things beginning in 2007, whatever they were called, but the rest are new names to me. shifts about like a mouse with a blindfold on, in the nature of sounding like an ebowed guitar, played in the dark.

imprec@importantrecords.com for cd copies.

David Terry (LP on Opal Tapes)

"sorrow lp"...what a release! full of funereal dirge in the best sense. tripped up organic rhapsody; church organ tendrils hitting like tonsillitis. very throaty bass lines on the album give a crepuscular sheen to the whole shebang. lots of anti-static yet shiver inducing ultramundanity. a recommended high (or if it's too early pink Floyd for you, low).

From The Mouth Of The Sun - Sleep Stations (LP on Bandcamp)

another very fine asking of transcoded instrumental compositions by jasper tx and aaron martin. a bit of a dream duo if you ask me, this stuff was made available last week and all the tapes on bandcamp (including mine) have sold; they're dubbed on both sides so i'm really looking forward to kicking back to that.

...so yeah, just a few releases to keep you ticking over. remember to search on www.bandcamp.com for a greater thrill than direct links. there's also a chance you'll find something else as good if not better. we love bandcamp at subversion, it was very helpful for getting the solo fl stuff careered.

(p.s if you're wondering why sv wasn't updated for a couple of months, I was on holiday from 21st april to 19th may, in spain of all places, and however spectacularly therapeutic it was, I am very glad to be back home. I was starting to have really bad separation anxiety, even though my carers were with me. there's a thread about the whole trip over 2 pages currently on the sc front page - search "morcilla").

No comments:

Post a Comment