Friday, 23 July 2010
SubVersion Stop 98: Muttley - Living Free And Fearlessly (July 2010)
Photo: Leyland Kirby's inclusion to the Long Division With Remainders 4 CD Box.
This week, decisive events took place. I disbanded disabling locks lasting more than eighteen months. I am able to extend my period of normality by occasional deep breathing, but I am careful not to initiate in a breathing exercise, as this subconsciously adjoins refraining from panic and becoming frustrated with my looped thinking. A vicious circle can be avoided in this way.
“Living Free And Fearlessly”, then, may not come as a surprising byline for this collection. LeeN’s vocalist Floetic Laura sings “Aim for the top be the best you can be / You can see tests come daily, but you can be free”. My experience of hiphop is minimal, but this track always lifts me up. “Living Free And Fearlessly” clocks in at just 21 minutes – a snapshot of internal flexibility, striking out for unknown shore.
01. Greg Haines – Industry Vs. Inferiority (from Until The Point Of Hushed Support, Sonic Pieces, 2010)
02. Olan Mill – The Prescribed Individual (from Pine, Serein, 2010)
03. Leyland Kirby – 14 Versions Track 3 (from the Long Divison With Remainders 4 CD Box Set, 2010)
04. Listening Mirror – Venice Boxhead (from ...After The Briefest Of Pauses, Rural Colours, 2010)
05. Chihei Hatakeyama – Waves (from A Long Journey, Home Normal, 2010)
06. Max Richter – Infra 8 (from Infra, Fat Cat, 2010)
07. Master Musicians Of Bukkake – Coincidental Oppositorum (from Totem Two, Temporary Residence, 2010)
08. Little Women – Throat IV (from Throat, Aum Fidelity, 2010)
09. LeeN & Floetic Laura - Fear And Freedome (from Mixtape Demo Ting, free release, 2010)