Cover: Antony and the Johnsons
01. Asher – 1.1 (from Landscape Studies)
02. Seafar – Yob Data (from Hegira)
03. Netherworld – Jostedaal (from Zaum Vol.1)
04. Mindspan – Conversations (Unreleased)
05. Fennesz – The Point Of It All (from Venice)
06. Svarte Greiner – Ullsokk (from Knive)
07. Olafur Arnalds – Raein (from Found Songs)
08. Jasper TX – Better Days To Come (from A Darkness)
09. Autechre – Outh9x (from Quaristice)
10. Antony And The Johnsons – Daylight And The Sun (from The Crying Light)
11. Sawako – A Last Next (Instrumental) (from Bitter Sweet)
12. Peter Broderick – And It's Alright (from Home)
Dedicated to friends Conor and Louisa; a soundtrack to when I visited Ireland on November 7th. It begins with layered drones that border on lachrymose, overlaid with snippets of voice that aren't quite quantifiable. My battle against compulsions tripping me up, confusion, forgetting, and deluded thinking are all captured in this doctrine.
This episode within finishes at 13:45, where the mood is very melancholic. "Better Days To Come" then progresses to positive reminiscence with piano, female singing and strings. There's a happy ending through the darkness - I was told to re-recognise that things will always pass, as they do. I have Conor to thank also for introducing me to Brian Hartnett, a founder of Hearing Voices Ireland, and ASC (aka Mindspan) for "Headspace", his second foray into ambient and minimal techno, currently unreleased.